Your Dog's Home Away From Home...expect we let them play more! Exceptional Car - Exceptional Service
Proof of Rabies, DHLPP & Bordetella vaccinations or authorization to obtain records from your veterinarian is required.
An in-home consultation is required for all new clients.
1. Appointments: Your Dog's Best Friends (YDBF) does its best to accommodate your needs for appointments at the time of day you request. Your Dog's Best Friends provides a time interval during which, to the best of YDBF staff's ability, your walks are given. If an unforeseen situation arises, YDBF will make a highly professional effort to contact you to discuss the situation and to provide the walk to your dog as close to the time interval as possible.
2. Scheduling Confirmation: The Dog Walking Manager will provide a weekly form confirmation of all walk schedules for each week. - If we don’t receive a reply to confirmation email, we will assume no walks are needed.
3. Scheduling Changes: Clients should make requests for changes to their walk schedule to the Dog Walking Manager, preferably via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not make requests for changes to the dog walkers. Dog walkers are unable to accept changes, cancellations, or additions.
4. Last Minute Changes: Add-on walks are always welcome and YDBF will do its best to accommodate any emergency or unexpected need. To ensure YDBF staff's ability to meet your need, it is best to provide 24-hours’ notice so the Dog Walking Manager can attempt to schedule your regular walker at your preferred time. Cancellations are inevitable and if YDBF receives your cancellation by 9 a.m. on the day of the scheduled walk there will be no charge. For cancellations later than 9 a.m., a $10 fee will be assessed.
5. Termination of Dog Walking Services: In the event you no longer wish to receive YDBF's dog walking services, simply give us a call so YDBF can coordinate a time for you to pick up your keys.
6. Access and 3rd Party Services: YDBF staff are instructed not to provide access to your property to any 3rd party. YDBF does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during, or immediately after YDBF's services have been rendered. Please inform us at the time of the consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family, and neighbors. It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that YDBF services have been engaged.
7. Inclement Weather: YDBF staff will use their best judgment in caring for your pets(s) and home at the time of inclement weather. YDBF will try to carry out your instructions to the best of YDBF's ability. Customer selection of a nearby emergency contact has been requested.
8. Inclement Weather Plan: 1) Every effort will be made to drive to your home; 2) The service schedule may be changed, interrupted, or altered due to circumstances; 3) If it is not possible to drive safely to your home, your emergency contact will be notified; 4) You will be notified that the above-mentioned contingency plan has been activated.
9. Inclement Weather Contact: YDBF has requested the name and phone number of a person living nearby (with access to your home). This should be a person close enough to walk to your home if roads are impassable (for example, a neighbor). If YDBF staff are physically unable to drive to your home this information is needed so that YDBF can contact this person to request their assistance to check on your pet(s). Please remember that garage door openers are not operational in the event of power outages. In the event that you do not provide a nearby emergency contact with access to your home, YDBF will provide service but not until conditions allow us to reach your home safely.
10. Weather Conditions: Our staff will monitor the weather during the heat waves, snow days and storms. If services for the day need to be cancelled or modified due to weather, we will notify everyone on schedule of any modifications/cancellation for that day.
11. Meals: If requested for a feeding a fee of $5 will apply per feeding.
12. Collars/Leashes: Please provide secure collars with appropriate tags for all visits. All dogs will be walked on leashes.
13. Fences: YDBF does not accept responsibility or liability for any client's animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed to leave the clients animals in a fenced area. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other type of fence.
14. Other dogs: YDBF staff will do their best to keep interaction with stray or strange dogs to a minimum.
15. House Cleanliness: YDBF will clean up after your pets to the best of YDBF's staff's ability. Please inform us where you keep the cleaning supplies you would like us to use for such emergencies. We highly recommend a cleaner like Nature's Miracle formulated to remove residual odors. Your Dog’s Best Friends is not responsible for carpet/flooring stains created by your pet(s). YDBF requests that you provide plastic bags, towels and trash bags. If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, Your Dog’s Best Friends will charge a $10 clean-up fee.
16. Household Emergencies: Please provide the name and number of a trusted maintenance company or a person you can rely on to attend to any household emergencies that may arise during your absence. This includes but is not limited to leaking pipes, malfunctioning water heaters, heating and air units.
17. Payment: Payments are taken weekly. YDBF accepts American Express, MasterCard, Visa and checks. Receipts for clients with cards on file are emailed. Please make all checks payable to: Your Dog’s Best Friends.
18. Returned Check Charges: There is a $35 fee for all returned checks. All fees are due promptly and must be paid via cash, cashier’s check or money order only. Clients are responsible for all costs of collections.
19. Keys: YDBF will obtain two copies of your house key during the in-home consultation. One key will be held by your dog walker and the other key will be coded and secured by the Dog Walking Manager to be used only in the case of emergency or lockout.
20. Updates: Please provide us with any changes regarding your contact numbers, your pet care needs, or other pertinent information.
22. Holiday Appointments: YDBF will do its best to accommodate request for walks on legal holidays. YDBF is unable to provide walking services on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
1. I authorize Your Dog's Best Friends to perform pet care services as outlined in the Client Profile, Pet Profile, and Policies and Procedures, which shall become part of this contract.
2. I authorize Your Dog's Best Friends to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with my pet. I accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. I also authorize Your Dog's Best Friends to utilize an alternative veterinarian in the event my primary veterinarian is unavailable. Every effort will be made to contact the owner prior to obtaining emergency care.
3. Your Dog's Best Friends accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to the home before, during, or immediately after the term of this agreement.
4. Your Dog's Best Friends agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Your Dog's Best Friends, its employees or assigns, except those arising from proven negligence of the dog walker.
5. Your Dog's Best Friends will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
6. Customer will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the pet sitter or other persons by the pet. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Your Dog's Best Friends in the event of a claim by any person injured by the pet.
7. Your Dog's Best Friends reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time, at its sole discretion; likewise, client may terminate this agreement at any time as per the Policies and Procedures.
8. It is expressly understood that Your Dog's Best Friends shall not be held responsible for any damage to client's property, or that of others, caused by client's pets during the period in which they are in its care. Client has advised Your Dog's Best Friends of all situations, which will relieve it of liability for damage.
9. I attest to the fact that all licenses and vaccinations required by the State of Virginia, the City in which I reside and/or the
10. I authorize this agreement to be valid approval for future services so as to permit Your Dog's Best Friends to accept my telephone and/or email reservations and enter my premises without additional signed contracts or written authorization.
During my various absences, Your Dog's Best Friends will be caring for my animal(s). They have my permission to transport them to and from your office or request "on site" treatment from your office as is deemed necessary. I authorize you to treat my animal(s) and I will be fully responsible for all fees andcharges and will pay for all charges incurred on my behalf upon my return. I further authorize you to give out any information about my animal(s) to Mr. Haire, the owner of Your Dog's Best Friends.
This form will be retained on file and will be used to authorize urgent veterinary treatment in the event that your pet(s) require such treatment during your absence and YDBF staff are unable to contact you at the time. Should you change vets please notify Your Dog's Best Friends before service dates.
To whom it may concern: I have contracted for services from Your Dog's Best Friends during my absence and I authorize Your Dog's Best Friends to act on my behalf to request veterinary treatment and services when they deem it necessary. I accept full responsibility for charges incurred in the treatment of my pet(s):
Your Dog's Best Friends reserves the right to utilize the services of any available veterinary clinic.
I authorize you to treat my animal(s) and I will be fully responsible for all fees and charges and will pay for all
Serving areas in 22202, 22301, 22302, 22305, 22314
Types of Walks
Walk Schedule: Monday through Friday
Late morning (10am-1pm), midday (11am-2pm), or late afternoon (1pm-4pm)
# of Days Per Week
Super Saver Sniff-n-Stroll
We offer special pricing for dogs with special needs, medications, rehabilitation, handicaps, socialization, etc.
Extended Walks: Quoted upon request. Additional Pets: $4 per each additional pet (applies to “Basic” & “Sniff-n-Stroll” walks only).
Holiday Surcharge: $15 additional fee per walk.
Dog Walking & Daycare Combo Packages Packages are based on 5 days of services per week (full days of daycare).
Combo Package Type
Type of Walk
4 Walks + 1 Day of Daycare
3 Walks + 2 Days of Daycare
2 Walks + 3 Days of Daycare
1 Walk + 4 Days of Daycare
Please e-mail all correspondence related to dog walking including scheduling and cancellations to:
A Your Dog's Best Friends Representative will contact you by phone to collect your credit card information and set up billing.
At the end of each week your card will be charged for any walks received during that week.
Please only press "Submit" Once. As the form is large, it may take several seconds to submit.